Nominations are collected online through the SurveyMonkey Portal. Please note that the portal is only active during the Nomination Period described below. For instructions on how to Register and Nominate, click here. If you would prefer to complete a physical nomination, please find the form here.
Timeline updated as of 12-02-2021
- October 18, 2021 - Nomination Period Opens (LA, NY, DC)
- November 19, 2021 - Deadline for Nominations (LA, NY, DC)
- December 6, 2021 - Application Invitation Emailed to all Eligible Nominees
- January 14, 2022 - Online Submission Deadline for Applications and all Application Materials
- March 22, 2022* - Interview Finalists Notified via Email (LA, NY, DC)
- TBD - Washington, DC Finalist Interviews
- TBD - New York Finalist Interviews
- TBD - Los Angeles County Finalist Interviews
- May 17, 2022* - 2022 Scholars Notified via Phone (NY, DC)
- June 1, 2022* - Class of 2022 Milken Scholars publicly announced (NY, DC)
- June 13, 2022* - 2022 Scholars Notified via Phone (LA)
- July 1, 2022* - Class of 2022 Milken Scholars publicly announced (LA)
*Dates are subject to change
With the help of college counselors and other educators at high schools in Los Angeles County, New York City, and Washington D.C., the Milken Scholars Program identifies outstanding students who will graduate by June of 2022. These students are nominated for the Program based on the following criteria:
- Minimum grade point average of 3.6 (unweighted) or 90% in all academic high school subject areas;
- Active participation in community service activities;
- A record of leadership;
- Financial or Other Obstacles;
- Admission to a four-year college or university prior to final selection; and
- United States Citizenship, Permanent Residency, or DACA Recipient.
Students nominated by their college advisers to participate in the Program must complete a rigorous selection process that includes completion of a five-page application, as well as submission of letters of recommendation, high school transcripts, test score sheets (if applicable), and a financial aid profile. Finalists are then selected and invited to interview.
*Please note that the 2022 Selection Cycle is Test-Optional: SAT or ACT score is not required to apply.*
Milken Scholars are eligible to receive a range of resources that includes:
- An annual monetary recognition award of $2,000 for each of their four years of college;
- Ongoing academic and career-related counseling;
- Assistance with career-related experiences through internships and shadowing opportunities; and
- A graduate fund, which assists students as they prepare for the world of work or graduate school.
Milken Scholars must commit to attend all annual program activities (expenses paid), including a three-day Summit, and maintain a 3.0 grade point average throughout their undergraduate college careers. Scholars are also encouraged to participate in community service activities in their home and/or school community.