Selections Timeline updated as of 09-07-2023
- October 16, 2023 - Nomination Period Opens (LA, NYC, DC)
- November 17, 2023 - Deadline for Nominations (LA, NYC, DC)
- November 30, 2023 - Application Invitation Emailed to all Eligible Nominees
- January 11, 2024 - Online Submission Deadline for Applications and all Application Materials
- March 28, 2024* - All Applicants notified of application status and Interview Finalists notified of next steps
- April 24-25, 2024* - NYC Finalist Interviews
- April 30, 2024* - DC Finalist Interviews
- May 14-16, 2024* - LA Finalist Interviews
- May 24, 2024* - 2024 NYC Scholars Notified via Phone
- May 31, 2024* - 2024 DC Scholars Notified via Phone
- June 7, 2024* - 2024 LA Scholars Notified via Phone
- June 14, 2024* - 2024 NYC Scholars Publicly Announced
- June 24, 2024* - 2024 DC Scholars Publicly Announced
- July 15, 2024* - 2024 LA Scholars Publicly Announced
*Dates are subject to change
With the help of college counselors and other educators at high schools in Los Angeles County, New York City, and Washington D.C., the Milken Scholars Program identifies outstanding students who will graduate by June of 2024. These students are nominated for the Program based on the following criteria:
- Minimum unweighted grade point average of 3.6 or 90 in all academic high school subject areas;
- Active participation in community service activities;
- A record of leadership;
- Financial or Other Obstacles;
- Admission to a four-year college or university prior to final selection; and
- United States Citizenship, Permanent Residency, or DACA Recipient.
Students nominated by their college advisors to participate in the Program must complete a rigorous selection process that includes completion of a detailed application, as well as submission of letters of recommendation, high school transcripts, test score reports (if applicable), and a financial aid profile. Finalists are then selected and invited to interview.
*Please note that the 2024 Selection Cycle is Test-Optional: SAT or ACT score is not required to apply.*
Milken Scholars are eligible to receive a range of resources that includes:
- An annual monetary recognition award of $2,000 for each of their four years of college;
- Ongoing academic and career-related counseling;
- Assistance with career-related experiences through internships and shadowing opportunities; and
- A graduate fund, which assists students as they prepare for the world of work or graduate school.
Milken Scholars must commit to attend all annual program activities (expenses paid), including a three-day Summit, and maintain a 3.0 grade point average throughout their undergraduate college careers. Scholars are also encouraged to participate in community service activities in their home and/or school community.